The FaceOff Academy is excited to announce a new annual Spring Event
The FOA Western Showcase presented by Cascade
Every year many of the best FaceOff men in the country descend on New Jersey for the annual National Showcase. It’s now time for the west to get their chance to host an event with just as much prestige. Introducing the Western Showcase, April 17th, 2021 in Las Vegas.
The one-day showcase event will introduce a brand-new showcase format. 100 of the best FaceOff men from around the country grades 7-12 will train in a morning combine with the entire FOA staff. In the afternoon session, athletes will battle in a group playstyle round-robin format. The winners of each group will face off in a head-to-head best of 5 playoffs. Officiated by US Lacrosse sanctioned referees and all competition will be recorded for recruiting highlight purposes.
The winners of each division will receive a FREE automatic bid to FOANS21 next December as well as the coveted FOA Cascade helmet trophies. Registration is now LIVE. We will have a strict limit as we prepare for the biggest FaceOff event the west has ever seen.
The 2021 Western Showcase will include the following 2 session Format:
Session 1: Western Advanced Combine
- Training - Field Specific Dynamic Warmup & Mobility
- We will be implementing a multi-field training rotation. Four groups will rotate through
different dimensions of training focus. This will break up the training so that athletes
can stay focused on a single key portion of their overall training throughout the session
and finish in a comprehensive training experience.
- Dimension 1 - SNG offensive focused Live reps
- Dimension 2- Wing Play breakdown, strategies, and execution
- Dimension 3 - SNG counter focused Live reps
- Dimension 4 - Ground Ball and stick work-focused
- Live Reps
- Groups will be created by computer randomization to guarantee objectivity.
Instagram @TheFaceOffAcademy and posted on the fields before play.
Session 2: The Western Championship
- FOA Western Championship - Session 2 will feature athletes from each age division competing in a head-to-head FaceOff tournament. This tournament will decide a champion of each age group as well as an overall champion.
- 6 classes
Each class is broken up into randomized groups. Within the group, the athletes will all FO in a best of 3. The players will then be ranked based on total FO wins. In the case of a tie, it will go to the best W/L record. The second tiebreaker will be least faceoffs lost.
- Each group winner will then enter a single-elimination playoff bracket. Best of 5 head-to-head.
- Winner from each bracket will FaceOff in "Champions Round" to determine the overall Field winner.
- 3 runners up from the champions round will compete in the "Redemption Bracket" for the 4th place spot in the semi-finals.
- The Semis and Championship will be best of 7.
- The 6 class champions will each earn an automatic free registration for FOANS21 next December.
Each Athlete will be given a 2021 Western Showcase Uniform. Numbered jersey and shorts.
We ask that each athlete wear their entire uniform at the event
When you register you will be asked to fill out a recruiting profile that will be added to our 2021 Recruit booklet. This booklet will be sent to each school on our email list.
Every FaceOff of the Tournament will be recorded so athletes will have access to the footage later for recruiting/film study purposes.
We will also have a professional photographer and videographer on staff to give athletes full access to content that they can use for social media, etc.
- Trever Baptise
- Jason Filios
- Greg Gurenlian
- Jerry Ragonese
- Peyton Smith
- Ted Ottens
Cascade/Maverik will be providing our famous Helmet trophy collaboration with Pro Athletics for all 6 class champions.
We will have apparel and FOAWS21 gear on sale at the event as well as an upcoming Online store (Pro Athletics) that will be announced soon.
All players will need a helmet, gloves, and arm pads. With the players playing to the possession, everyone needs to wear arm pads.
The best option for shoes would be what you would wear on field turf, our coaches prefer cleats for this surface.
Water: Our sponsors Motive Pure will be supplying electrolytes to athletes at no cost. Due to the current COVID pandemic, we won't be supplying communal watercolors. We HIGHLY recommend that each athlete brings their own water bottle with name clearly marked.
April 16th, 2021: Optional Showcase eve draw day
- 7-9 pm
- Early registration and access to player packs
- Live reps and final technique tweaks with coaches
- $50 per player
April 17th, 2021: FOA Western Showcase
- Session 1: Combine
- 9 am - 12 pm (Check-in begins at 8 am)
Location: Russel Rd Rec Complex - 5901 E. Russell Rd, Henderson, NV 89015
- 12 - 1 Lunch Break
- Session 2: Championships
- 1 pm ( Most likely 2.5 hrs)
Fees includes training, tournament, recruiting booklet, showcase uniform
Hampton Inn and Suites
421 Astaire Dr, Henderson, NV 89014
Holiday In Express and Suites
441 Astaire Dr, Henderson, NV 89014
If you have further questions or need additional info, please contact The FOA director of operations at FaceOffAcademyInfo@Gmail.com.